Monday, November 19, 2007

the tryptophan has stolen my soul.

what's my excuse for not blogging in 2 weeks?

it's the tryptophan. all the turkey overload is causing a buildup of tryptophan in my body, resulting in a constant state of lazy, tired behavior.

for you smarties, what i mean is:
Tryptophan (abbreviated as Trp or W)[1] is one of the 20 standard amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins, and an essential amino acid in the human diet. It is encoded by the genetic code (as codon UGG). Only the L-stereoisomer of tryptophan is used in structural or enzyme proteins, but the D-stereoisomer is occasionally found in naturally produced peptides (for example, the marine venom peptide contryphan).[2] A distinguishing structural characteristic of tryptophan is that it contains an indole functional group.

i'll give 15% off one of our services at HarshMedia to the first person who emails me with the name of the person who first reported tryptophan isolation.

-sara

p.s. i just found out the whole tryptophan thing is a lie. all my life i've thought that it was the tryptophan making me tired - instead of the 5 pounds of stuffing, beans, corn, rolls, cranberry sauce, gravy, potatoes, and whatever else i can fit on my plate.

who knew?

No comments: